from stu in the usa office
17th Nov, 2010
Our team has already topped out on Island Peak and is back safely at Ama Dablam BC! We are waiting on all the details and hope to have them shortly!
Our group arrived back in Ama Dablam BC yesterday and tomorrow plan to head up to C1. After a night in C1 they will either return to rest in BC a few days or make a move to C2 if everyone is feeling well.
More news soon!
Audio Dispatches #1 from high camp before the summit
Fabrizio calls in from high camp at 2:15am to let us know the team is about to set off for the summit! He reports that the weather is perfect - pretty warm and clear skies above. Fabrizio adds that this is what he loves about night climbing...to see "headlamps dotted along the slope and lots of stars dance"!
Audio Dispatches #2 from BC after the summit!
Fabrizio checks back in from BC at 12:30pm on 14th to let us know the entire team had a successful summit day on Island Peak! The team arrived at the top around 8am in peefect conditions and enjoyed views of the north face of Ama Dablam and the south face of Lhotse! They will head back to Ama Dablam tomorrow for a few well deserved rest days!
Great to hear! Keep up the good work.
Hi Stu & all the team at FTA.
Please pass on our good wishes to the Ama Dablam team for fair weather for their summit push.
All the very best from Australia,
Jackie & Terry Kane (& family)
Post a Comment