Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Makalu Team in C2 Again!

Field Touring Alpine Audio Dispatches #53 - Makalu update - in C2 with great views!

Fabrizio called in from C2 a few hours ago to let us know that they are settled into their tents in on a clear and cold evening. After a very snowy day of climbing from BC around 5pm the skies cleared and the temperatures dropped quickly.
While retreating to the relative warmth of their tents they were also treated to spectacualr views of the entire Khumbu mountain scape including Everest, Gaurishankar, Lhotse, Ama Dablam a list too long to cover in one disptach!

The team is planning to head to C3 at 7400m tomorrow if possible and spend the night there before descending to BC on Friday (ahead of the expected higher winds of the weekend). With the increased cold they will have without the blanket of clouds they will be watching winds very careully at this time and we thank Meteotest for their great forecasts which have been very important in helping our team to make good decisions.

Fabrizio also left an audio dispatch from C2 - enjoy!

Gabcast! Listen to all the Field Touring Alpine Audio Dispatches 2 at Gabcast

No comments: